Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Finish - Starry Starry Night


Yay! A finish! A big deal here in all-by-hand land. I finished this Starry Starry Night quilt for our son Corey and his soon to be born son. I found the inspiration quilt on the internet and saved it for years, then when Corey chose it I had to figure out the measurements and directions. It was easier than I'd thought!


I quilted it in an all over diagonal pattern to give it some movement.


Love the Valori Wells Urban Flannel on the back! I love that entire collection of flannels.



Enjoy!

11 comments:

Nancy said...

Love the colors and the straight/wavy quilting lines are perfect...

Katie B. said...

It's a beautiful quilt! What is the finished size?

Margot said...

this is fantastic!!! it looks very difficult. I like this very very much~!!

I Love Baby Quilts! said...

Finished size is about 32 by 42 with binding. Each unit is based on 5 inches so the smallest stars are 5 and the medium stars are 10, etc. That wasn't what the original measured, it's just the way I figured it.

jess said...

The hand quilting on this is just right! I could cuddle all your quilts, they all look so soft.

Lizzy said...

This is great! I love how dynamic it feels with the quilting... it really adds a lot to it. How long did it take you to complete it, piecing and quilting by hand? Lovely!

I Love Baby Quilts! said...

Not long, Lizzy, about three weeks.

WHATUPDUCK said...

Looks fabulous Wendy!! LOVE the colors.

Hey, look at my website when you get a minute and tell me if you can figure out what to do with these quilt pieces I just got. Thanks!

Mama Pea said...

Very nice quilt. I, too, love that fabric on the back! I like your color scheme drawn from it!

Sharon said...

This quilt is so precious. The colors are perfect, but my favorite are the different size stars.
A keepsake for years to come.
Sharon

Mimi said...

Beautiful quilt! Love the colours and the backing is perfect!