Saturday, February 20, 2010

Heather Ross News Updates


Heather Ross has announced a new collaboration with Spoonflower to reproduce some of her fabrics in different colors and they are on sale now!!! I looked at them and the colors seem way off to what she was showing on her website (above photo). I'll still probably get some. How about you?




In other HR news, it turns out, the new Far Far Away fabrics are NOT double gauze as I had previously reported when I showed the initial snippets. They are "a lovely linen cotton blend, a bit on the heavier side" which is fine with me, I'm going to use them as feature fabrics anyway, to highlight small things, so the majority of the quilt will be regular weight and no one will notice. I can't wait to make some Heather Ross wonky squares again!

You HAVE to click the photo above to see the fabrics larger!

I am sooooo in love with these fabrics, the photo above shows different pieces than I showed before. All I'm sayin' is do you SEE the owl and the pussycat??? Do you SEE those roses in the upper left??? OMG. How could any collection of fabrics be more perfect for a little girl?

8 comments:

Wendy said...

I am so excited about this new line too, more than the last one even!
I like that its linen/cotton blend, so will be a bit sturdier - and the colors - WOW!

Heidihey said...

I love the lily of the valley. I think because it was always dad's favorite. When you order, could you include 1/2 yd of the lilies for me?

Wanda said...

ha ha ha I had to laugh at your last sentence..." how could any collection of fabrics be more perfect for a little girl"!! Because I think they are perfect for YOU!!!

Katie B said...

Have you seen this announcement???

http://heatherross.squarespace.com/journal/2010/2/9/announcing-heather-ross-me-for-spoonflower.html

Katie B said...

The purple seems really dark. Maybe it's not that dark in person?

Kamala said...

I think I like the gnome better in the orange hat....but the rest are awesome!

sandra said...

i LOVE the reproduced fabrics but they are really expensive! i want to get some but i don't know if i will at that price.

thanks for the HR update!

ilovebabyquilts said...

I agree Sandra, but I think HR fabrics are really at their best when each motif is featured individually in a window or highlighted in some other way. This means that getting the smallest amount of fabric is enough for several projects and keeps costs down.